COMMON FURNACE PROBLEMS
Service Champions would rather educate our customers than pressure them into a sale. This page has some basic information to help you understand some of the things that can go wrong with a home’s heating system.
In this example, our technicians were out on a call and came across a health danger for the home that owned this furnace. As you can see, the heat exchanger (also known as the fire box) had a hole on it. The danger with this gas furnace is that CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) was leaking out of the heat exchanger coils. Needless to say, it was not providing as much heat as a fully functional furnace should.
- A traditional home furnace operates with natural gas. When the mechanics inside of your furnace malfunction, there are a variety of reasons why your furnace may fail to provide heat.
- When the gas valve is stuck or does not open, there is no release of gas to fuel the furnace burner needed to provide heating.
- Another common reason for furnace problems is if the ignition system breaks down. The spark ignition, related to the gas valve, may not work.
CONTROL BOARD AND SAFETY CONTROLS
The control board inside of your furnace is what allows you to adjust the temperature of the inside of your home from the thermostat.
The control board oversees the entire function of the furnace including heating and air conditioning. When there is an internal failure, the entire board is replaced. Here is an example of a damaged control board we have seen.
- A problem in your furnace’s airflow can automatically shut down the furnace from producing heat as a safety precaution.
- When the furnace overheats or detects other dangers such as flame roll-out, the limit switch turns off the furnace.
- In order to protect your family and home, it is important that the limit switch is always working.
How To Choose A Heating Company:
Ask your heating company these questions to make sure you are making the smartest decision for you and your family:
EVERY one of our technicians undergoes 150 hours of training EVERY year with a master technician
Yes! In fact, we have 8 WRITTEN commitments to you. These “Peace of Mind” Guarantees are our iron-clad promises to you that we always meet or exceed expectations.
Our technicians are not only screened and background-checked, but we only hire the kind of people not only willing to do ‘Good Deeds For Free,’ but who actually WANT to do them and enjoy the satisfaction of helping others.
We realize that most homeowners’ biggest fears are when a contractor works in the home, they will make a mess and destroy their property. We can guarantee you that we will leave your home BETTER than we found it or we will pay for a cleaning service to come to your home and clean it in its entirety.
The price we quote is the price you pay. We don’t give you any ‘lovely’ surprises in the form of additional costs or expenses.
INOPERATIVE BLOWER MOTORS
How does your central air system move heated air from one place to another?
- Your central air system relies on a small network of motors.
- These motors are essential in moving unconditioned air through the furnace and into your home.
- When these motors fail, the low airflow causes even less air to enter which means less heating for your home.
CLOGGED BLOWER WHEEL
The picture above is an example of a recent clogged blower wheel and below is the result after our technician got his hands on it.
Blower motors fall into disrepair for a few different reasons
- The wheel on which the motor spins gets damaged.
- The venting system from the blower clogs or corrodes.
- The pressure safety fails.
Service Champions is the highest-rated heating company in Southern California. If you still have questions about your heating system. Service Champions will help you get fast, friendly answers. Give us a call.