DON’T NEGLECT YOUR DUCTS
Sometimes ductwork is an afterthought when homeowners think of heating and cooling the home.
All the focus is on the heater and Air Conditioning system itself. Here’s why you should definitely NOT forget about taking care of your ducts:
- No matter how smart or green your central air system maybe, a lot of energy will go to waste if your air duct system is in poor condition.
- If your air duct system is in poor shape, much of that treated air can escape before it even makes it into your house.
- Poorly maintained ducts can even pose a danger to your health by becoming hotspots for mold and mildew.
BENEFITS OF MYLAR DUCTWORK
Service Champions recommends and installs Mylar Ducts, which is sealed to provide 95% efficiency compared to 70% in homes built prior to 2005.
Mylar Ducts are also formaldehyde-free and energy-efficient. Aside from lowering utility bills, Mylar ductwork also:
- Eliminates hot and cold spots throughout your home
- Uses formaldehyde-free insulation for a safer and healthier home
- Reduces the potential for mold growth in your ductwork
How To Choose A Ductwork Company?
It’s hard to know how to weed out the good from the bad. We’ve compiled a list of key questions that can help you determine which company is right for you:
We are very picky about who we hire. All our technicians are thoroughly vetted and back-ground checked – and we still won’t hire someone unless they have the friendly personality we are looking for.
Aside from the initial training – which is an intense 8-10 hour training course, we require all our technicians to train for 150 hours PER YEAR with a master technician.
There’s an easy way to do that, just look up our Google Reviews – there are thousands of them!
That’s actually something we are very careful about because we know how frustrating it is to be fooled by a company that promised you a great price. When we quote you a price, that’s what you pay – no ifs and or buts.
ENERGY LOSS AS AIR TRAVELS FROM YOUR HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM TO YOUR ROOM
Every time you turn on your air conditioner or heater, it takes some time for treated air to make its way into your room. That’s because heated or cooled air must travel through the duct system.
Here are some pretty alarming facts:
- Scary Statistic: Inefficient Air Ducts are Responsible for Up to 30 Percent Energy Loss!
- If your air ducts have holes and leaks and the build of the house contains pressure differences, conditioned air fails to reach its destination.
- Air continually leaking from ductwork costs you money every time your heater or air conditioning turns on.
WHAT SERVICE CHAMPIONS IS ALL ABOUT
When choosing Service Champions, you get on-time service, technicians that treat you and your home with respect, up-front pricing, and jobs done right the first time.
Here are even more reasons to choose Service Champions for all of your plumbing, heating, cooling, and indoor air quality needs.
- Punctuality: We understand your time is valuable. We promise to schedule your appointment when it’s most convenient for you, and arrive on time.
- Complete comfort & security in your home: Before bringing any technician onto our team, all must go through a certification process that includes a background check and drug testing.
- Courtesy & respect: All of our technicians wear booties over their shoes out of respect for you and your home. We promise to leave your home cleaner than we found it by making sure we use drop cloths and mats.